DESCRIPTION OF THE INTERDISCIPLINARY PROGRAM IN TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE
The objective of the course is to prepare the next generation of healthcare professionals to be able to face new challenges of precision patient-centric practice. We provide them with a basic knowledge and a holistic vision of the complex processes that translate scientific advances into novel standards of care.
The course consists of 15 half-day of interactive sessions led by experts from academia, public health organizations, private companies and patient representatives. Through lectures, quizzes, workshops and an online learning platform students can achieve competencies which address a variety of scientific, business, management and social issues.
Topics covered during the course include:
- The main strategies and tools for the prevention and treatment of disease states;
- The main types and principles of healthcare systems worldwide;
- The basic principles of healthcare economics and management;
- The multiple steps and key principles in the development of health technologies;
- The basics of data and knowledge generation in healthcare;
- The new innovation models and career opportunities in healthcare.
Our innovative educational program is offered to
- Master and PhD students
- Post-Doctoral students
- Medical specialists in training