The objective of the course is to prepare the next generation of healthcare professionals to be able to face new challenges of precision patient-centric practice. We provide them with a basic knowledge and a holistic vision of the complex processes that translate scientific advances into novel standards of care.
The course consists of interactive sessions led by experts from academia, public health organizations, private companies and patient representatives. Through lectures, quizzes, workshops and an online learning platform students can achieve competencies which address a variety of scientific, business, management and social issues.
Topics covered during the course include:
- The main strategies and tools for the prevention and treatment of disease states;
- The main types and principles of healthcare systems worldwide;
- The basic principles of healthcare economics and management;
- The multiple steps and key principles in the development of health technologies;
- The basics of data and knowledge generation in healthcare;
- The new innovation models and career opportunities in healthcare.
Our innovative educational program is offered to
- Master and PhD students
- Post-Doctoral students
- Medical specialists in training
PROGRAM 2019: REGISTRATION OPEN
The course consists of:
- 6 Sessions of lectures on challenges and future transformations of medicine and healthcare systems
Fridays, 9 a.m. – 17.30 p.m.: 15/02, 22/02, 15/03, 22/03, 29/03, 05/04
- 2 Workshops on business strategy, business model canvas, negotiation skills
Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 17.30 p.m.: 23/02, 30/03
- Annual lecture by Jean Tirole, Nobel laureate, on 25/02 at 6:00 p.m. (Palais des Académies, Brussels)
- Symposium on “Breakthrough therapies and universal healthcare” on 11/03 (10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m, Palais des Académies, Brussels)
- Princess Lilian lecture by Alain Fischer, Collège de France: “Gene therapy: the future is now”, 26.03 at 6:00:pm, Campus Erasme
Minimum 80% of attendance rate will be required.
Registration for the 2019 Interdisciplinary Program in Healthcare Innovation is open until the 15th of December 2018.
As the number of participants is limited, we strongly encourage you not to delay your application.
Master students, PhD students, Post-Docs, Medical Doctors (MDs) in training affiliated with Belgian universities:
- Free of charge (supported by the Baillet Latour fund)
Participants affiliated with universities outside of Belgium:
- 300€ for the entire program
- Online course (all modules can be followed via video streaming and/or via video recordings)
- If interested, please register through our website and specify your circumstances in the application form OR contact us directly via info@I3health.eu
- €250 per module
- €1000 for the entire program
Applicants facing financial obstacles are encouraged to contact email@example.com.
Campus Erasme, Anderlecht (Brussels), Auditorium Bremer (B2.002 – building B).
For more information, please send an e-mail to the following address, firstname.lastname@example.org
*The course was formerly known as the Interdisciplinary Program in Translational Medicine. For the 2019 edition the name has been changed to reflect the broad competencies that students develop in addressing the scientific, business and social issues of modern healthcare.