The objective of the course is to prepare the next generation of healthcare professionals to be able to face new challenges of precision patient-centric practice. We provide them with a basic knowledge and a holistic vision of the complex processes that translate scientific advances into novel standards of care.
The course consists of interactive sessions led by experts from academia, public health organizations, private companies and patient representatives. Through lectures, quizzes, workshops and an online learning platform students can achieve competencies which address a variety of scientific, business, management and social issues.
Topics covered during the course include:
- The main strategies and tools for the prevention and treatment of disease states;
- The main types and principles of healthcare systems worldwide;
- The basic principles of healthcare economics and management;
- The multiple steps and key principles in the development of health technologies;
- The basics of data and knowledge generation in healthcare;
- The new innovation models and career opportunities in healthcare.
Our innovative educational program is offered to
- Master and PhD students
- Post-doctoral fellows
- Medical specialists in training
The course consists of:
- 5 Sessions of online lectures and debates on challenges and future transformations of medicine and healthcare systems
Fridays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.: 12/02, 26/02, 05/03, 12/03, 19/03
Zoom webinars and recordings
- 1 Meet the expert day when students have a chance to interact with healthcare leaders
Friday, 9 a.m. 5 p.m. 26/03
Campus Erasme, Brussels
- 2 Workshops on business strategy, business model canvas and negotiation skills
Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.: 27/02, 27/03
Campus Erasme, Brussels
Registration for the 2021 Interdisciplinary Program in Healthcare Innovation is open until the 30th of October 2020.
As the number of participants is limited, we strongly encourage you not to delay your application.
Master students, PhD students, Post-Docs, Medical Doctors (MDs) in training affiliated with Belgian universities:
- Free of charge (supported by the Baillet Latour fund)
Participants affiliated with universities outside of Belgium:
- 300€ for the entire program
- If interested, please register through our website and specify your circumstances in the application form OR contact us directly via info@I3health.eu
- €250 per module
- €1000 for the entire program
Applicants facing financial obstacles are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online through zoom webinars and recordings: 12/02, 26/02, 05/03, 12/03, 19/03
Onsite at the ULB Campus Erasme, Brussels: 26/03, 27/02, 27/03
Students are given the opportunity to choose between two tracks:
- 5 ECTS program: Friday sessions (5 online, 1 on-site), online exam
- Certificate in Healthcare Innovation: 5 ECTS program + Saturday workshops (2 on-site) & group work (case study + online group defense)
For more information, please send an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
*The course was formerly known as the Interdisciplinary Program in Translational Medicine. Since the 2019 edition the name has been changed to reflect the broad competencies that students develop in addressing the scientific, business and social issues of modern healthcare.